ODF LICENSE AGREEMENT
Welcome to the Olympic Data Feed (ODF) Documentation Web site of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Please read the following terms and conditions regarding the use of the Web Site. By accessing, downloading or using any information, documents, software and products from the Web Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that follow.
If you do not intend to be bound by such terms and conditions, YOU MUST LEAVE THIS WEB SITE NOW
The documents available on this web site and the information contained therein (the Documents), whether in a paper or electronic format, are made available to you subject to the terms stated below. By using and/or copying all or part of the Documents, you (the licensee) agree that you will comply with the following terms and conditions.
- You may, on a non-exclusive basis, use the Documents only on the condition that you abide by the terms of this license. Subject to this condition and other terms and restrictions contained herein, the Documents and the information contained therein may be used (i) to further develop the standards described in the Documents for use in relation with the Olympic and Paralympic Games and/or (ii) to develop similar standards for other events than the Olympic and Paralympic Games (both (i) and (ii) are hereinafter designated as the Permitted Use, and works further developing these standards for the Olympic and Paralympic Games or developing similar standards for other events are hereinafter referred to as Derivative Works), and copies of the Documents or of Derivative Works may be made and distributed for the purpose of the Permitted Use, PROVIDED THAT the COPYRIGHT and references to the IOC appearing in the Documents and the TERMS OF THIS LICENSE are included on ALL such COPIES, and further PROVIDED THAT you do not charge any fee or any other monetary compensation for the distribution of the Documents to others. The copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Documents remain vested in the IOC and the IOC remains entitled to assert his copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Documents against any person or entity who does not comply with the terms of this License.
- A copy of any Derivative Work shall be provided to the IOC free of charge. Moreover, the IOC is granted a worldwide, perpetual, unrestricted, royalty-free non-exclusive license to use any Derivative Work for the further development of the standards made by or for the IOC in relation to the Olympic and Paralympic Games (these standards and the documents describing them are hereinafter referred to as Further Standards) and to make or have made all kinds of exploitation of the Further Standards, with the right to grant sub-licenses.
- Except if reproduced in the Documents, the use of the name and trademarks of the IOC is strictly prohibited, including, without limitation, for advertising, publicity, or in relation to products or services and their names. Any use of the name or trademarks of the IOC, whether registered or not, shall require the specific written prior permission of the IOC.
NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IS MADE REGARDING THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY,
COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE
DOCUMENTS. The Documents and the information contained herein are provided on
an "as is" basis. THE IOC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF
NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE IOC BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR DAMAGES
OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR ACQUISITION, USE, DUPLICATION,
DISTRIBUTION, OR EXPLOITATION OF THE DOCUMENTS OR ANY PORTION THEREOF,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATORY DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA
OR ANY FORM OF SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR
PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, TORT OR
OTHERWISE. THE IOC FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED WHEN
THE DOCUMENTS ARE USED IN A DERIVATIVE WORK. The IOC further disclaims any
liability regarding the existence or inexistence of any intellectual property
or other rights that might be claimed by third parties with respect to the
implementation or use of the technology or information described in the
The same conditions as those described in this Section shall apply mutatis mutandis to the license granted to the IOC on the Derivative Works in Section 2 above.
- This License is perpetual subject to your conformance to its terms and conditions. The IOC may terminate this License immediately upon your breach of any of its terms and, upon such termination you will cease all use, duplication, distribution, and/or exploitation in any manner of the Documents.
- This License is governed by the laws of Switzerland. You agree that any disputes arising from or relating to this License will be resolved in the courts of Lausanne, Switzerland.